Question about my account.

Hello, for starters a few months ago my xbox live attempted to auto renew on an expired credit card and I had forgotten to turn auto renew off. Got a bunch of emails over the past few months saying to update the billing information or my gold membership would be interrupted, I get that. Checked my billing, it says the 12 month subscription was suspended, okay cool. But I checked my account on xbox.com and it still says I have gold membership, glitch? I don't know I haven't been online in months to check.

I want to start playing on xbox again, I've got Battlefield premium and haven't even enjoyed the Armored Kill maps or Counter Strike: GO. My question is: I bought two 3 month cards, will I be able to just add them and play... or will I have to put a new credit card on my account first and Microsoft charge me for the "suspended" 12 month subscription? And also is my account suspended or banned, or is it fine?

Sorry for the long story, just curious on this subject.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Okay, I think I'll just call them as suggested by Jameser78 and Vibroplex. Hopefully I will get an agent that actually knows what they are doing, some of them shouldn't even be working as customer support. I just hope they don't end up taking months off the live I add to my account for gold membership I didn't even know I had. Thanks for the help peeps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

1-800-4MY-XBOX option 1 will connect you with a Billing Agen who can unjam your account, or for a faster response without waiting on hold,

go to http://xbox.com

sign in with your Microsoft Account email and password

go to http://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:2:2

and click on Request A Call then explain the details in the note - so the agent will know what's up when they call you back

Sorry this didn't help.

Billing department on phone support is best hanlded to help with all this.

Sorry this didn't help.

ok firstly you will need to use a credit card to resolve the payment issue that is on your account .... once you have done this turn off auto - renewal and start using pre paid cards .... but you must sort out the payment on the account first to get it un suspended ....

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll leave this question open for now, thanks for the reply. Another question: Is there a way to resolve this without a credit card? I feel safer not involving a credit card with memberships, and prefer buying live cards a whole lot more (plus I can't really afford a $50 bill for live right now). If not I may just make a new account, or stick to PC games (more likely the ladder as DayZ releases soon).

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

You will have to solve the credit card issue and suspension first, before you are able to go online and or use the prepaid cards.

And you will likely be charged when changing/fizing the payment options for the 12 month subscription.

-

Your account is likely to be suspended (due to payment issues) and not banned.

-

If you have any additional questions just let us know  :-)

Sorry this didn't help.