Question about GTA 5 money

Ok, I was flying around up north looking for a combat helicopter to use to fight a tank (not really part of the question, so moving on) when I got a message in the corner saying another player gave me a VERY large amount of in game money.  Now I am very appreciative of it don't get me wrong and I'd like to think that maybe the guy was in a giving mood for the holidays, but before I make any plans for it, is there any reason to be concerned about it?  I like the idea of having enough money to not worry about thing for a bit, but don't want to get in any trouble for getting the money.  Thanks for any thoughts.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

As far as i know its another game being ruined by modders.

If you get caught using modded money there`s a possibility of getting a ban.

I would check rockstars website to see exactly what the punishments are.

What options do I have?  A message just popped up saying I got the money and that was it.  If that sounds confrontational I really don't mean it like that, I'm really curious on what the options are.

'Ok, I was flying around up north looking for a combat helicopter to use to fight a tank (not really part of the question, so moving on)'.

First off, I love this. Hilarious.

Secondly, I have heard that having modded money/money in the quantity you were likely given will put you into the Bad Sport lobbies for quite some time (10 months, I've heard for one example). If you wish to keep it, go ahead and keep it. If you wish to delete it, create a second character, withdraw the money and delete them.

So far, with GTAV, they have not really punished people in situations like yours. My guess is that you should be safe from any major harm but may be best off removing some of the money.

If you submit a ticket to Rockstar they will correct your money almost immediately. The next title update will remove all money gained through illegitimate means (as stated as an announcement on their website).

There is no place like 127.0.0.1