Question about download content

I had a question about downloadable content. I had a previous gamertag that had been banned (I now follow the ToS and CoC to the letter) and was wondering about the DLC that I had bought on it and is still on my harddrive. It's legal to play this DLC, right? I won't get in trouble for playing the DLC I had payed for on my other account on my new one, right?

I'd just like some clarification, I really don't want anymore trouble and I really hope this is okay by the rules, I had a lot of exclusive stuff (Halo Reach Legendary Flames, ect) that I'd like to be able to keep, so long as I don't delete it. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The content is locked to both the console and the tag that originally downloaded it.  You can play it on that console but will never be able to move it to another as the tag is no longer valid.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I understand that I can't redownload any of it if I delete it, but I want to know if it's okay by the rules to still use the content I purchased on that banned account. I don't plan on deleting most of it, as I don't really want to re-buy all the stuff I bought, as well as loose the exclusive pre-order DLC for a few of my games.

I'm pretty sure it's okay by the rules, but I just wanted to double check.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="xArmageddon7x"]

I understand that I can't redownload any of it if I delete it, but I want to know if it's okay by the rules to still use the content I purchased on that banned account. I don't plan on deleting most of it, as I don't really want to re-buy all the stuff I bought, as well as loose the exclusive pre-order DLC for a few of my games.

I'm pretty sure it's okay by the rules, but I just wanted to double check.

[/quote]

All of your DLC is tied to two things 1) The account it is purchased with and 2) the console it is bought on.

If you are playing on the same console it was purchased on, any account can use it regardless if your purchase account was banned or not.  If you move to a different console, the content will no longer be able to be used by other accounts.

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.