Question about controller repair requests

Greetings,

I recently sent in a controller for repair. It's from a new 360 S. The issue was that the left analog stick was not behaving correctly.

Anyway, my question is, is it normal to receive a different color controller back? I had the nice sleek black controller that came with the system, and now I have a dull army grey controller. It really doesn't fit with the system at all.

I'm not sure if I should call them and mention it or not.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I did end up calling support, and they just told me that if they're out of stock on one color, they ship another color. They really should give the customer the option of waiting for stock or taking something different.

Some may not care about color, but some do. My entertainment unit consists of a black 37" LCD, on a nice, sleek black stand that has black tinted glass for shelving, with a black DVD player and a 360 S, which is sleek black. There are no doors to the unit, so my controllers and remotes sit on the top shelf, they are (or were) all black too.

I actually bought the 360 S when they launched, not because I needed to replace my old, fully functional 360, but because it made my entertainment unit look so much better. Now I have this ugly dull green controller that just doesn't fit in, lol. Oh well, I'm not going to go any further with this, I just wish MS would have asked me before automatically shipping back the wrong color. I would have rather kept the broken controller to be honest, it still worked, just had an annoying issue that I figured should be corrected under warranty since it's new.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Typically replacements are supposed to be similar to the product you sent in. You can call Phone Support if you'd like, and they should be able to help you get the correct controller. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

you shoud call box Support for that. Maybe you forgot to tell the agent what is the color of the controller you have.

Sorry this didn't help.