Question about console ban

No, my console is not banned thankfully.

I'm just curious. For a user that swears a lot, can a person be console banned after keep repeating penalities of swearing? And yes, this is in messages. If this is true then I might just close my xbox services entirely.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Here's my code of conduct to you: 1) No one is going to stop swearing on a multiplayer, 2) you might as well ban globally that swear. 3) Good luck trying to stop players from doing it. All they're eventually going to do is buy a new gold and create a new gamer tag, or a new xbox. 4) = profit to xbox love seeing players buy a new xbox.

Good luck trying to convince me to pull down my petition. Once again, Ambassador player (not moderator of xbox), how can you put a rule for swearing online vs having a M mature content containing severe vulgar language? If the game contains such language, then I have every right to use it as advertised. This code of conduct is only giving a very bad advantage to minors personally attacking the adult gamer audience using the complaint feature.

You're not going to sit there and tell me they're going to win and continue to do this. This is outrageous and I'm sure HQ of Microsoft will one day understand that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="GreatCastle652"]

Sure, after you answer my question. Why would a family private owned company comply to allow players play vulgar language games where as the same ESRB ratings of the game with vulgar language can't be used online? kind of a double standard, don't you think? My petition will continue on strong.

[/quote]

The game rating is for the actual game play. The online portion of every single game is not rated and tells everyone this on the game packaging and some even have a disclaimer within the game itself. XBL has and always will be a family oriented service and as such is rated 'E' by MS.

I have to ask, if you had a problem with the ToS, why did you agree to it in 08? You could have saved yourself time and money from the get go...

Sorry this didn't help.

And please, read this. www.xbox.com/.../codeofconduct

Sorry this didn't help.

So, if you play Assassin's Creed you can kill your brother jumping from the coach... Sorry my friend, but I think that your petition is not proposed in the best way. You can speak with the language you want, but you must respect players. I would change your petition in "STOP FILING COMPLIANT FOR ANY KIND OF SITUATION".

Sorry this didn't help.

Sure, after you answer my question. Why would a family private owned company comply to allow players play vulgar language games where as the same ESRB ratings of the game with vulgar language can't be used online? kind of a double standard, don't you think? My petition will continue on strong.

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox Live is a family service, therefore Microsoft must make efforts to keep it family friendly. Also, why do you feel the need to use vulgar language?

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand. Keep in mind however there are many others who are against this playful rule. I've seen your forum... Numbers keep continue to pile related to these strikes or bans. Sooner or later, it will one day grow, and eventually people will voice. Farewell, your ToS has destroyed my passion & love for Xbox since I played with it in 08.

Sorry this didn't help.

petitions are not allowed here anyway there is no 'freedom of speech' on LIVE as it is not a government thing but privately owned company. so it wont do any good to even post that as it is not gonna change, if you sell your 360 then sorry you won't be sticking around.

Sorry this didn't help.

I guess I'll be closing my account and selling my console. A petition has been made in regards to this "terms of service" limbo [REMOVED - NO PETITIONS]

Until it get's revised, I am not coming back. Not risking loss of money or my account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes. A console can be banned if a user repeatedly violates the terms. They would only ban the account first after multiple suspensions, but if you were to make multiple accounts and continue to violate the terms, they can ban the console.

Sorry this didn't help.