Question About buying a Xbox

So i had a xbox  long before, but ended up giving it to my step father, since he played it very often. The thing is with my birthday coming up i was thinking about getting a xbox since i miss playing on it. The thing is i downloaded a number of things, DLC, arcade games, etc. i was wondering if/when i get my new xbox will i be able to re-download all my things that i bought in the past?

I was talking to a friend and he said i "NEED" this transfer cable thing. do i honestly need that? if so how much is it? I personally dont care about game saves. i just want the games i bought downloaded before like Marvel Vs Capcom 2, and south park tower defense.

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

oh ok ya i was going to get the new slim model and before i had the white xbox a couple years ago.

but i just wanted to make sure i just get my games i rightfully bought. but people keep telling me different things about it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The transfer cable is for transferring game saves mainly. Once you recover your gamertag, you can redownload all the DLC so you don't need the cable for that.

You can use your old hard drive if you buy an Xbox that is the same as your old one. If you're buying a new Slim and the hard drive is from the older models, then the hard drive is not compatible.

Sorry this didn't help.

so the transfer is just for DLC and game saves? im still a bit confused.

if anything could i just remove my old harrdrive and put it on the new xbox?

Sorry this didn't help.

The transfer cable is only needed for transferring data from one hard drive to another. So if you were transferring your game saves from your old xbox hard drive, then you would need a transfer cable or flash drive. Otherwise, you can just follow GreyPilgrim's advice and you'll be all set.

Sorry this didn't help.

As long as you are using the same account you used to initially purchase the DLC yes you can download it to your new console.

Firstly recover your account to the new 360, then just go to account management and select 'download history', it will all be listed there and you can re download it for free.
If you are using a new console you will need to transfer the DLC licences to it, or you will not be able to play the DLC offline.

Sorry this didn't help.