Question about a gamertag.

I have been wanting to ask a question about a gamertag that would mean a lot to me.

The gamertag was last online 8 years ago, playing halo 2 on the Original Xbox. So, it is not being used and has not been used in quite a long time.

Is there a specific reason the account still exists? Because I don't understand why an account that stopped playing before the XBox 360 was released to still be existing, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

My main question is, will I ever have the chance to get this gamertag? Or will it be inactive and not used for ever?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

There's been no official word on if/when they will release older 360 gamertags. The tag system is also in use on other Microsoft services, so even if the tag hasn't been used on the 360, it could be in use somewhere else on Microsoft's servers.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

See, there's one thing though. The tag is in use on XBox, it is a Version 1 XBox account though that has not been used in 8 years. So it is just on the XBox, I was just wondering what the point is keeping such an old inactive account on live, when people like me could actually enjoy the gamertag and use it online.

Sorry this didn't help.

I guess I'll just have to wait... Thanks for the reply.

:)

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, I missed the part about the original Xbox. They have been releasing original Xbox tags, but there's no timetable for when or if any particular ones could become available.

Like I said though, it is possible the tag is being used on Zune or somewhere else.

Sorry this didn't help.