Purchasing/Payment problems

I've had my paypal attached to this account for a long time and I've never had any issues with making a purchase for points up until this past week.

For whatever reason it may be, I went to buy more points through my console and I received an error message telling me that it, "Can't authorize the selected payment option. Please select a different payment option or add a new one." So just to be on the safe side I checked my bank account and everything's fine with that, I had plenty to cover for the amount of points I wanted to get. I checked my Paypal and there's no issues/limits/etc. So I try again, through my console, and it works, and  I figured it was just some fluke.

A few days go buy, I wanted to get more points for some of the black friday specials, and I can't purchase anything through the console and it's giving me the same error message. I go onto the website and low and behold, it'll let me purchase them through there using Paypal. 

Now we are at today, I can't use my Paypal to purchase the points I want on either the console or the website, I've added alternate credit cards (which are fine to be used and have no issues with online purchasing) as instructed in the error message, it won't let me use those as it gives me the same error message as I've previously received in my purchasing attempts, and I have no way of getting my points. All of my billing information on this account, and my payment methods match. I have no idea what's going on and what help I've received doesn't really focus on the fact that all of a sudden, magically and out of nowhere, the payment method I've been using for years has stopped working with no specific explanation and no reason (again ie: all necessary account info matches, my payment options (paypal/visa/mastercard/etc) are up to date, have no restrictions, and have plenty of room for the purchase of points).

I'd really like to not have to go out and buy points on a gift card. If there's anyone that can help me fix this, please do.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Ninja! First I'd like you take a look at our Payment Method Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../19164.aspx) and try out all the suggestions there. Please post back here if you still have this issue after that. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.