Purchasing On Demand Games in another country

Hi,

I moved to France 3 years ago from the UK, and I accept my account is locked. No problem as Microsoft happily charges a credit card I have registered in the UK each year to renew my Live Gold membership. They have done this for the last 2 years without a hitch.

Problem is, I can't download any games as it says the content is not available in my area.  So what do I do? They are happy to charge me each year for membership, but block me from another key service of XBox Live.

OK , I can migrate to a new account, (losing my tag, my friend and points along the way) but that doesn't fix the mismatch in Microsofts' billing rules. Grrrrrr Furthermore I'm only halfway through my 12 month subscription and I don't want to pay again.

Thanks for any thoughts / ideas

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Certain Marketplace content is region locked. That means unless you are in your correct account region you will not be able to get it. What you should do is create a FREE account with your current region selected. Now you will only see content available to you in your current region. If you want said content you will need to add French MSP to the FREE account and then download it. So long as you do not change consoles the other accounts will be able to share the content, avatar items excluded of course.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.