Purchasing MS Points not working?

Ok so I log in to add some points to my XBL account cause my local video game store relocated to the city and I just don't have to means to get there so I thought I'd try the whole paying online thing everyone is doing these days. So I link my paypal to my XBL account, go to Add Points, select the number I want and confirm.... Happy days! But clearly not cause well, I'm here. The site to slings this at me,

"This action cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later. For more information, go to http://www.xbox.com/support."

Problem is really, that this was about 2 weeks ago. Now I don't mean to whinge or whatnot but if it can't be done two weeks ago up until now, when can it be done? Sadly MS don't accept irish debit cards and there's no way I'm dipping my foot into the credit card business just for MS Points. Any info would be appreciated, cheers!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Are you trying to purchase these points on Xbox.com or the console? Also, check our Paypal Sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../26145.aspx) for more info on using Paypal on the Xbox console. Also, I've never heard of an issue using Irish debit cards. What happens when you try to add one? Here is another sticky for Adding a Payment Method (forums.xbox.com/.../19164.aspx)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

He's not the only one, I've tried both, and neither work.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here, on both console and PC, for 3 days now I cannot purchase any points, tried different credit cards and paypal, it just always says 'cannot process request at this time" or on console says 'cannot get information from xbox live'

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here. It just ain't working for me, i get the same message. Yet heres the kicker and will make you guys laugh. Five days ago someone got my password grabbed 10,000 points at my expense, so they get to do that but even after i've changed password and gone through the pain staking crap of getting points/money back, now i can't get points when i want em.

Seriously needs sorting and if this has been going on for 2 weeks, i say again how did the thieving toe rag get to add some points to his account, when i can't? M$ just make you laugh these days.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there KAdamsy! Did you contact phone support and have an Unauthorized Access investigation completed on your account? How long ago was this resolved? Can you outline exactly what you are experiencing when trying to purchase? Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I just get "This action cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/support." when trying to add points."

Unauthorized Access investigation completed on your account? No

How long ago was this resolved? About 2 Days ago

Sorry this didn't help.