Purchased Xbox one gold and can't get on line

Hi - my son's free membership expired today so we went online and I purchased him the Gold membership and paid for the year. When he goes to play a game on xbox one  he gets a box that comes up that says something like - The current profile is not allowed to play on xbox live. Doesn't xbox one  gold get you into the same stuff as the free? Please help .I checked not internet and it is good.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi Coolgamer969916. You try deleting and re-downloading the profile , kindly restart the console afterwards. If this won't fix the issue, you may need to directly contact Xbox Customer Support to refresh your subscription's status as the system might not detecting the Gold you bought.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Coolgamer969916,

NOTICE: The current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox Live

This notice is generally presented to players with an expired or recently renewed Xbox Live Gold account, which is required to play online games on Xbox consoles.

If you just renewed your account, please allow up to 24 hours for your transaction to process and allow you to play online again.

If this is still happening after 24hrs, and this is only happening on specific game titles, you should contact the support of those game titles directly, or if this is a generalized issue and is happening on everything, Contact Xbox Support directly here: http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/contact-us

For questions regarding Xbox Live, you can look here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/my-account/xbox-live-membership

If this Helps, verify and like this post so it may help others too, Thanks!

Happy Gaming!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.