Public wifi nat

Hi, just moved to a new apt and am using the apt provided wifi to connect to live which is public. when i connect the NAT is in moderate i went to the wireless settings page but it requires a user name and password which am sure they will not give to me so am wondering if there is another way i can change it from moderate to open without having access to the router. Or any other suggestion that can help to get a better connection and hopefully put a stop to the dropped connection and horrible lagging in games

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You will need access to the router or you could just contact the system admin and ask them to open some ports for you

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Which ports will those be? or how can i find out which ports?

Sorry this didn't help.

There is a thread pinned at the top of this forum titled "How To: Open NAT to resolve Party and Multiplayer problems." It lists the necessary ports and provides information for the administrator of the network on how to configure it. But don't count on the administrator of the WiFi to do that for you, as this would mean that other people that also want their Xbox to have an open NAT wouldn't be able to get an open NAT too.

Sorry this didn't help.