PSU orange light

Hey,

The past couple months I've had a problem with the PSU. Its's showing an orange light. I've replaced the PSU once and it solved it temporarily. I've just tried a brand new PSU fresh out of the packaging and straight away an orange light.  The console starts up but no picture can be seen on screen. I've tried the console at another friends house and it works fine. It just seems to hate me at the moment lol.

I use a HDMI connection and have tried using different power sockets but to no avail. I was hoping someone here had a solution to my problems?

Thanks all.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

If you have the console plugged into a power bar try plugging it directly to a wall socket.  If your console works at your friends house perhaps you are having power issues at yours.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've tried plugging into a wall and the same thing. I don't think I could be having power issues as everything else is working fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Twili9htSparkle! Alright if I ask a few clarifying questions to better understand the situation?

• Have you tried different power outlets in different rooms in your house? 
  • On different walls? 
  • When you say it works at a friend's house, do you mean your console AND your power supply, or are you using your console with his power supply? 

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer these questions! We'll look forward to your answers. :) 

Sorry this didn't help.