PS5, And another Xbox?!?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If it's too soon there will be some annoyed customers.

I would imagine plans are in place for the next machines, maybe more, but I think they won't arrive for a long time.

This is called forward thinking. M is probably also silently thinking of a Windows 8.2 or Windows 9 OS for PC's. However M has invested hugely in Xbox 1 and is still investing in Xbox 360 too. Just look at how much they spent on the design of the controller, mind you they can afford to do that. Remember when everyone was trying to figure out what M was going to name the successor to Xbox 360. Peps came up with Durango, Xbox 3, Xbox 720 but when they 1st officially revealed the name as Xbox One, just goes to show M kept that secret under tight wraps.

My hope on the Xbox, is that they are looking to do a smaller, and even more powerful Xbox One.

I personally think Designers etc could have done a far better job on the X1 BEHEMOTH than they did. While on the inside going with chipsets that's cutting edge and will last the duration of this generations games and beyond.

If we are going "All in one" then lets do it with a Coke Bottle figure, and the passion to WIN a 1080P race traveling at speeds far greater than 60FPS.

[quote user="ElectroFlying"]WHAT??[/quote]The 8 years of the Xbox 360 and PS3 were an aberration that was bad for the industry. A new console every 4-6 years is a better fit.[quote]My hope on the Xbox, is that they are looking to do a smaller, and even more powerful Xbox One.[/quote]Won't happen for a couple years. 20nm is not providing the benefits needed to make that happen. Maybe whatever process node TSMC moves to below 20nm will fit (16nm apparently).[quote]I personally think Designers etc could have done a far better job on the X1 BEHEMOTH than they did.[/quote]Then you don't understand the design goals of Xbox One.[quote]While on the inside going with chipsets that's cutting edge and will last the duration of this generations games and beyond.[/quote]The AMD APUs in both consoles were out of date when they shipped.

"The AMD APUs in both consoles were out of date when they shipped." ~ IceStorm

-

Interesting.

Starting to wonder if consoles will go down the steambox route eventually with upgradeable components

Well I for one would like to see new consoles every 5-6 years. The 8-10 years just drags on.

[quote user="NEUROTIC HOG"]Starting to wonder if consoles will go down the steambox route eventually[/quote]No, because then they wouldn't be consoles.

Despite using PC-like ISAs, console architecture is not PC-like.

You can expect a shorter life span than the Xbox 360 and PS3 without a doubt. They went on for far too long.

And without a shadow of a doubt there will already be plans and concepts for a next system. You think Microsoft started thinking about Xbox One a couple of years ago?