PS3 to XBOX

yo,

i recently decided to make the switch from ps3 to xbox. here's a few good reasons why:

• skyrim runs smoother on xbox than on the ps3, faster frame rates
  • skyrim is in HD on the xbox and does not even come on a blu ray disc
  • skyrim water effects are more vibrant and realistic on the xbox than on the ps3
while doing the switch my gf also wanted to have her overlord games back, so i got them both 1 and 2 and guess what:
  • overlord 1 and 2 run smoother and have faster frame rates
  • overlord 1 and 2 run in HD and do not come on blu ray discs
then i came to buying mw3 recently to try it out to not end up being bored to death with only skyrim all day and:
  • the controller is so much enjoyable and easier than on ps3, even the analog sticks are positioned perfectly for large male hands and thumbs that naturally stick out further
  • the back trigger buttons actually work correctly unlike on the ps3 - so awkward having to hold them hard down to work
  • i can play for 5 hours and my hands are still ok, the ps3 controller always gave me aches and pains in my wrists and fingers
so having been a ps supporter and user since it's original launch in 1995 when i was only 9 yr old, it's sad to say but.... the 360 i think totally beats the crap out of sony's latest offering, and i am shocked that i didn't explore other options earlier.
the interface on the 360 menus are nicer, and detailed with the media i want at anytime. i can also easily stream media from my pc without stupid media server software like on the ps3. and kinect beats the crap out of move, and wii imo.
im having more fun than ever on consoles again with the 360 and this is what gaming should all be about - FUN! the ps3 has only got 1 thing i miss, and thats uncharted. but after shooting bad guys round corners and repeating that until a final showdown - it gets pretty boring.
hail the 360. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 32 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have both a 360 and a PS3 and I love em both, because one being white and the other being black, they contrast each other.  I couldn't say the same for the black and black current models.

Make sure you buy the 720 too!

[quote user="OG Pooh"]

[quote user="NoxiousFarts"]

This whole, liking something makes you a fanboy really needs to stop.

-

Anyways, welcome to the forums, hope you can find your way around.

[/quote]

You're correct. But the OP's post strays well beyond simply liking the 360... It's very close to a fanboy rant. Maybe he's just a little overexcited about having a new Xbox? I'm still of the opinion that someone who purposely limits him or herself to one console, then brags about it while simultaneously putting another console down, is a fanboy.

[/quote]

you're wrong. i have a ps, ps2, saturn, dreamcast, mega drive, n64, snes. yeah, i am a little excited about having something new that i havent had for a long time (i.e. new manufacturer of console, not just playstation for so many years playing the same old games). i didn't put the ps3 down as you say, i simply highlighted the main factors on why i moved from it to an xbox. just because some negatives from the ps3 persuaded me to get a 360 does not mean i am completely against it or hate it. and no i am not a 360 fanboy.

[quote user="NoxiousFarts"]

-

[/quote]

You're correct. But the OP's post strays well beyond simply liking the 360... It's very close to a fanboy rant. Maybe he's just a little overexcited about having a new Xbox? I'm still of the opinion that someone who purposely limits him or herself to one console, then brags about it while simultaneously putting another console down, is a fanboy.

-

Welcome aboard cr4zy!

Your post really didn't violate any rules here. We just frown upon comparison threads such as "ZOMG the PS3 is so much betterz than the 360", and vice versa. Enjoy the forums and your new Xbox 360! :D

-Jim

Hey people, lets not be nerds and not make flame this man :) We can all be nice and understand that we do not need to be console racist :p

[quote user="Ageless Samurai"]

Wow, these types of posts still make the rounds? OP, you know its ok to own both consoles right?

[/quote]

^ THIS ^

Let's welcome aboard the newest fanboy.

I didnt think this post was breaking any forum rules, sorry about that! I dont believe in new system syndrome. i had a wii for 3 hours before getting fed up with 3 different games. now on xbox i got all the games i want away from the pc desk and i also get cs go my all time fav fps comming onto a console as well as pc. i feel at home on xbox and feel the console does what i am looking for in gaming.

Welcome to the XBOX Forum cr4zygee..

Even though, this thread is against forum rules..  

I agree with you, on what you say about the PS3 controllers though... They give you Carpal Tunnel & the XBOX controller, is more ergonomic for long gaming etc.. I notice a difference in video quality too... That's why, I've had an XBOX since 2002/3..