Protecting my xbox

Is there a way to prevent anyone from using my xbox 360? I current have passwords set up on my gamertag, but you are still able to play some games without signing in?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

There is no way to lock the xbox as a whole.  You can only password protect accounts.  Like the others suggested.  Hide an essential cable to keep the box from powering on.  Or hide your HDD so no one can play on accounts or make saves.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There is that 4 digit passcode thing (by pushing four of ten possible controller buttons in a certain order) to protect your GAMERTAG, but as far as the ENTIRE CONSOLE, I'm not sure. Maybe just removing the power cord and keeping THAT CORD in a secure location where the people u do not want playing it can't get it might work if they are unwilling to get another power cable somewhere. Of course, maybe removing the AV cable might work, too (I personally would only try removing the AV cable if I was using standard-def RCA or high-def RCA, not HDMI or other wacky new stuff). I currently use the red-white-yellow side of an Xbox 360 cable to connect to a standard-def-only TV, this same cable has another branch w/ high-def RCA's, red-blue-green-red-white; I feel intimidated by some of these newer cords like HDMI, S-video, VGA, and have had seen people have nasty experiences when disconnecting them ("no signal" even when plugged in). Pulling the power supply is probably the best thing I can think of, try checking for other accounts or extra gamesaves after plugging it back in for your use, if there are any since last unplug, then someone is using another power cord.

Sorry this didn't help.

Passwords is one solution but it depends how serious you want to go. Some people install locks on their entertainment center cabinets to protect their console, other media units, dvds, games ect. Not only will it stop people using them, it will make it more difficult to steal should someone break in.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Tug, is there a situation in particular that you have in mind? If your Xbox 360 is in an open area, someone else could feasibly create a free account and play on your console.

Sorry this didn't help.