Promoting to Adult account.

I finally turned 18 today, why do I not see the promote option? I checked on Settings > Account, and it's not there. I'm online right now on my console. Also, do I need some sort of parental confirmation for this? Because the email used for the parental account never existed, and could never be created due to a mistake that happened during the setup which lead to it ending with a "_". I've been waiting too long for this... Now what's up?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there Sweet J TBR.

Was the correct date of birth entered when you created your account?

Note The age of an account owner is calculated by using the date of birth provided when the account was created. This date cannot be changed. If you entered an incorrect date of birth when you created the account, your only option is to create a new account using the correct date of birth. This option is available only if the date of birth for the account indicates that you have reached the age of adulthood (18 in the United States). The legal adult age varies by country and region.

Report back and let us know :)

Many thanks,

Cloud

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am pretty sure I got the right date, so I've no idea what's wrong. Even if I had mixed the day and month, that would have made the option available on February Third. The region is set as United States, California, so that's not the issue.

I'll log on again shortly after I finish playing Gears with my friend here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well... Now it's giving me an error code 80151011, not letting me log on Xbox Live. The fun bit is that I can hear it log on Xbox Live when it asks me to input my password. If I go through to the screen where it asks you to remember the password, it gives me the error and disconnects.

If I press the home button, I can actually access Xbox Live except that I can not download ANYTHING because it tells me that EVERYTHING requires a gold membership. The good thing is that I could see the adult marketplace as opposed to the kids marketplace.

Annoying as this is right now, well, I consider it to be progress at least.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Sweet.

I have run your error code through the error code database and this has come back to me. Check this LINK and follow the steps to see if it resolves the issue for you.

Report back with the results :)

Many thanks,

Cloud

Sorry this didn't help.

I just finished doing that actually. I found that link earlier, didn't solve my problems. *Sigh*

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Sweet J TBR! Sorry to hear about the issue here! To check that birth date, you can actually log into accounts.live.com and view the account birth date on the home page. As long as you haven't changed that field, it should show you the accounts current age which will let us know if you are eligible for promotion yet or not. Post back once you've checked and we'll work from there! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

"March 03, 1970

Birth date"

Well, now I'm really confused! I thought I had my real age there, that's the year I choose whenever I'm trying to bypass age restrictions online. But even if that was the right date then... I never would have gotten parental settings and a child account in the first place!

I'm certain I input my real age when creating the Xbox Live account, no idea why it says 1970 there (Should be 1995).

In regards to my other issue, it seems that my friend was able to download my two accounts on his Xbox, when I could not (Stored them on my USB Flash Drive). He's trying to find the promote account option, maybe he'll get lucky. As soon as he's done (And hopefully I have my adult account) he'll put the two accounts on his USB so I can retry the steps in the link provided by Cloud, hopefully solving my problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, parental confirmation is required.

Please doublecheck the DOB at http://account.live.com

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, DOB?

But... If parental permission is needed to promote then the whole thing is out of the question, because that stupid typo during the creation made the parent email impossible to exist (Ends with a "_").

Unless I can somehow transfer all of my files from one account to another then I guess all of my Achievements and Saves are lost basically... Bloody hay. :c

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, date of birth... Excuse me, I'm so silly!

No, I'm afraid that's what it says. I copied and pasted.

I just noticed that you can change the date, I'm guessing I changed this years ago while trying to fix the same issue. If it helps at all, I just changed it to 1995 which is the real date.

Sorry this didn't help.