Promoting child account

I have a problem trying to promote my child account to an adult one. I get an error code: "8015102A". I've tried looking it up, but haven't found the reason for this. The account age is 18 already so I dont know why it's not working... Does anyone know why I'm getting this???

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 54 Applies to:

This error is not documented, but I have a hunch... since Microsoft is security minded and protects your account data, they added proofs to secure your account. And, since Xbox LIVE accounts are built on top of Microsoft Account security, that applies to gamers like you and me. Proofs can include:

1) A phone # (preferably a cell # to text you a message - very convenient when away from home)

2) An alternate email address (which can be used to send a password reset confirmation to)

3) A 'Trusted PC' (requires Windows Vista or later + the free Microsoft Windows Live Essentials app)

4) A Security Question and Secret Answer

If you don't have these (#1, #2 and #4) filled in, you will be required to do to, so visiting http://account.live.com/ and clicking on Edit security info is a good idea.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

okay thanks ill try editing these things and see what happens

Sorry this didn't help.

8015xxxx is usually proofs related, it might not be your security proofs it might be the adult account. When they put in their email for authorization it made a Microsoft Account out of it also. So signing into login.live.com with that email & password and adding security proofs would probably help also.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Sorry this didn't help.