Promoting Account to Adult

If i promote my account to an adult will it remove me from a "Gold Family Member" or will my membership stay?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

Hi Jreyes!

-

No, you should not be removed. Everything but your account age should stay the same.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The "verified" answer is a lie. Microsoft clearly says you will be removed from Gold Family when you start the promotion process. Why Microsoft decided to do something so boneheaded (again) is beyond me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jreyes, I'm going to have to agree with Hylian here. Although it may be an honest mistake and not a "lie" as he mentioned. I am however unable to locate any support documentation which officially supports either side of issue. If anyone can find anything, feel free to post it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello JREYES94! As Mister Darcy verified, your account will not be removed from the Gold Family pack subscription for promoting to adult. You will still be a family member, you will just have added permissions! Make sure to check those permissions though, as the parent of the family pack will still be able to add permissions to the account in question! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Miss Kleo, unfortunately I can confirm that promoting an account to adult in the family pack DOES remove the member from the Gold part of the family pack, as that has just happened with my husband's account.    We now have to wait the 5 days to re-add him, which is extremely unfair, as he was never removed by me in the first place, and the only thing that was done was to promote him to adult, even though his date of birth is on the account, showing him to be 41 years old!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello dgmn! Thank you for correcting Mister Darcy and myself, I sincerely apologize for the misinformation JREYES94! Please take caution that you'll need to re-add your account to the family pack once you promote to adult.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, dgmn and JREYES94. I'm very sorry as well and I take responsibility for verifying any misinformation here. I regret the inconvenience this has caused and do hope you will accept my apologies.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm a little confused because my husband just recently (2 days ago) promoted his second tag to an adult tag and it didn't remove him from the family pack. His settings before promoting were set to custom so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Sorry for posting here but it's a little confusing so now I'm wondering if he will get removed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello again to the thread! I took some time to track this down, the final answer is that you will be removed from the family pack if you promote the account to an adult account. I'm sorry for all the confusion surrounding this one! We're now working toward getting this information surfaced to all so thank you for bringing it to attention. :) (there is currently no ETA for this though!)

@PMS DejaVu this does seem odd, I believe you are an exception rather than the rule. Would you mind sending me a private message regarding this, and we'll chat there about his custom settings to see if we can figure out what happened there. :)

Sorry this didn't help.