projection tv vs hdtv

i was just wondering....i play on a 45" projection type tv. i have heard that they dont develop a picture as fast as crt or lcd/plasma tv's.

i was thinking of picking up a hdtv of craigslist or something.

what do you guys think? i know my skills are somewhat lacking, but is my equipment not helping? 

thanks!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

Projection TVs use various display methods - LCD, CRT, and DLP being the most common. There's nothing inherently bad about any of the three for gaming.

I use a Sony KDF-42WE655 rear projection LCD TV with my 360. It works fine. See if your TV has a Game mode. That may help if the TV's doing video processing on the incoming signal. Also, see if it supports 1080p. Chances are if it doesn't support 1080p, it's not a 1080p TV. Try changing the 360 to 720p mode. That may help as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

mines an older mitsubishi. its not hd at all.

Sorry this didn't help.

If it's that old it's probably a CRT rear projection. It's generating a picture as fast as any CRT does. CRTs are generally considered to be the best display technology in terms of referesh rate, color saturation, etc. It's taken a long time for Plasma and LCD to catch up.

For gaming, the best choice is usually Plasma. it's the closest you'll get to CRT without buying a CRT.

Sorry this didn't help.