Profile uploading

Hi all, I joined up to xbox live via my laptop and I wish to upload my gamer profile from my xbox to xbox live, so far it will not let me, any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Sorry, just want to clarify. You have an account (non-XBL) on your console that you want to upload to XBL, or you want to download the profile you made on xbox.com, on your console?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I signed up to xbox live and got a silver membership on my laptop, giving me this profile that you see. I just hooked up my xbox to the internet and i want to put my profile from my xbox onto this account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, you sort of mis-stepped and did something a bit incorrectly. Unfortunately when you make a profile on XBOX.com there's no way to simply combine the profile on XBOX.com with your offline profile.

The correct way to do this is as follows:

You will need to go to your XBOX 360 and sign in on the offline profile, push the middle button on your XBOX 360 controller and go to "Join XBOX Live" follow the steps on screen to join XBOX Live. This will take your offline profile to an online profile (which will then take all of the achievements you've earned into a displayable status on your XBOX Live profile on XBOX.com). Since you've already used the e-mail address on XBOX.com you will need to use another e-mail address to sign up on the console.

If you would really like to use the e-mail you made on XBOX.com then you will need to follow the instructions here to be able to use that e-mail address, please refer to the link and look at where it says "Switch gamertags between two Windows Live ID's". 

Sorry this didn't help.

Thankyou

Sorry this didn't help.