Profile problems on a new HDD

Hello, recently my old HDD went awol...some files went bad including my profile info. I had a new 60GB drive which i copyed some of the good files over onto .

I had to recover my gamer tag/profile and have tried downloading it onto both the good and bad drives but it  keeps saying that there isnt any profile present when i go to play MW.

The only time it did play and except my profile was when i had the new drive conected up via the transfer cable and the old drive sitting in the xbox......im alittle confussed right now.

anyone know what is happening or what im doing wrong??

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

So do you only have the new drive hooked up right now? and is it the one mounted to the console? If it is then recover your gamertag again just to make sure.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes the new drive is in right now....tho when i go to memory option it says theres nothing there.

Sorry this didn't help.

ok iv found my profile on the old drive (which is only just working)..i have moved my profile over to my new HDD and placed that in the xbox but still comes up with no profile found...

its almost like iv sent my files over to the new one but when its connected up to the xbox it doesnt reconise the HDD but it does when i have the transfer cable plugged into via usb.

Sorry this didn't help.

Does the new HDD show up as only 16 GB? It sounds like it got formatted as a USB storage device, which is easy to do with 3rd-party transfer cables because they don't work with the new transfer software. (Of course, the new HDD is never supposed to be attached to the transfer cable-- it goes on the console, and the old HDD goes on the cable.)

If that's what happened, you can't un-do it. If the HDD is new enough, you can possibly exchange it at the retailer or get a warranty "repair" by Microsoft (maybe).

Sorry this didn't help.

It comes up as 13. something Gb....when its attached to the xbox i see nothing it shows nothing...but i can see data on it when its attached to my xbox via the transfer cable.

Soooo my only option now i suppose is to get a new Hdd and transfer the data onto that...how can i stop this happening again to a new HDD?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="RATTLESNAKEBILL"]

It comes up as 13. something Gb....when its attached to the xbox i see nothing it shows nothing...but i can see data on it when its attached to my xbox via the transfer cable.

Soooo my only option now i suppose is to get a new Hdd and transfer the data onto that...how can i stop this happening again to a new HDD?

[/quote]

Yep, you've got a third-party cable there.

You will have to buy a new Hard Drive and also get the official tranfer cable. The official cable will stop that from happening.

Sorry this didn't help.