Profile keeps on Corrupting.

Hi Guys and thanks for reading,

Now for my problem. This has been happening for a while now, often but not all of the time, when I'm unlocking achievements they unlock on my profile but not on the website.

The most recent case was yesterday when I was playing Cloudy with a Chance Of Meatballs (Don't judge me, it's easy G's) I had unlocked the achievement for slashing 25 marshmallows. The achievement popped and I kept on playing. I finished the game as I was near the end, and none of the achievements for completing it unlocked and when I went onto the xbox guide, it said that my Gamerscore had been reset to 0.

This isn't the first time this has happened either. It happened when I had spent hours getting the final achievements from Overlord, the online ones and the exact same thing happened!

This also means that my profile thinks that I've unlocked the achievements when I've not, and I can't unlock them again!

This really is very annoying!! Has anyone else had this happen to them, or know of a fix for this? I know that one fix is to create a new account, but considering I've put four years into this account, I don't want to start another one.

Anyone got any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I've done that, but it will end up corrupting again. Any ideas on how to stop it from happening?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for that answer Temhotabot. I'll give that a try when I get home from work.

I've only ever re-downloaded my profile once it has been corrupted and it has always been to my own xbox, which is not banned from xboxlive. When taking my profile to someone elses house, I always use a USB device to transfer my profile.

Sorry this didn't help.

Try this. On your console go to the Memory Tab>Profiles>delete profile (profile only!). Now go back to the main Memory Tab screen and press 'Y' on your controller, then clear cache. Restart your console and proceed to recover your profile.

Also, it has been known if you recover your profile to a console that has been banned your profile may become corrupt. Have you done that recently?

If you are using the recover profile tool for daily use, such as when you go to a friends/family members house to play, then you should be using a USB flash drive instead. Using the recover profile tool daily has also been known to corrupt a profile.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can try to recover your gamertag.

Sign out of the Xbox and then recover it.

Sorry this didn't help.