Profile keeps blanking

Each time I play a new game, wether on a disc or downloaded, after I unlock some achievements my profile appears to have been "blanked". There is no bio, name, location, or gamerscore, or gamerpic. A friend told me to Recover my Gamertag, so I did, and it worked. Everything went back to normal. Until I played a new game and it blanked again. Now whenever I get an achievement, or download something from the marketplace, it blanks, and I have to recover my gamertag again. Any advice on how to solve this issue?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Perhaps your HDD is acting up. I would advise you to back up important data on a flash drive and then format the HDD along with clearing cache. Then transfer data back to it, recover gamertag, and install any updates that come your way. This should completely clean the console and no more issues should occur.

I hope you get this all sorted out soon. That sounds like quite the annoying problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your advice. What would be the "important data" that I should copy onto a USB stick?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can clear your cache without deleting anything.

If you want to clear out your hard drive, transfer over your profile, any game saves, music, videos or other irreplaceable files to a USB.

Sorry this didn't help.