profile keeps auto-signing out

So a few days ago I was messing with account and profile settings and it started auto-signing my profile out every time I started up a game or exited out of a game. Since then I changed all the settings back to what I'm pretty sure they were and its still doing this. Can some1 please help? This is starting to get extremely annoying.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Also idk if this is the reason but I have it set to require the password but it never asks for the password so I can't seem to change that setting back.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

what you want to do is go to account.live.com and sign in to your account. There click on "edit security info" and verify your security proofs and set up your two step verification. Once you have it on click on "create app password" and write down the letters it provides. What that does it helps protect your console from hackers trying to get your profile info. Once you have that go to your Xbox console and go to your setting> storage> hard drive> gamer profile and delete your profile only once you have delete it go back to the hard drive and click y on the controller and clear the system cache x3 times and then hit the guide button on your control and download the profile. when you download it use your email and app password for it and save the sign-in if you want. and after that you should have any other issues with your profile. Let me know if it helps  

Sorry this didn't help.

Didn't work, now I can't even re-download my profile cuz it says the passwords wrong. That's just great.... especially since I still got paid gold membership on my account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Nvm, figured it out....just didn't hit next on the Microsoft page enough times and in the process skipped a step. Its working now, thanx.

Sorry this didn't help.

you're welcome

Sorry this didn't help.