Profile disappeared and won't let me download it back

I was playing xbox live last night perfectly fine and when I started up my xbox today it brought me to a green screen that says "create profile, download profile, skip this step" I click the download profile and enter my information correctly and it says "sorry can't download your profile at this time try again later 8007045D" My profile is not on my storage device which has 227GB free it says. There are no profiles currently on the xbox anymore and it won't let me download any. Please help!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 133 Applies to:

If you have further questions jayvonGoHard135, please create your own thread detailing the issue and any steps you've already tried! Thanks in advance. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Jayvon, these forums work best when you create a new thread with a first post of your own, as the original poster's problem and solution, although similar, could be very different in detail. It's great that you're researching here, but the quickest path to a solution is your own thread. That being said, the most likely problem is local profile corruption.

I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just temporary files plus game updates, automatically reloaded) by:

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go 2 clicks right to Settings, pick System Settings.

2) Select Storage (or Memory if Storage).

3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

Delete profile from your console

1) go to www.xbox.com/accounts  & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then ** STOP: DON'T ** delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support

http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers Option 2 for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:

2) Go to Settings

3) pick System

4) choose Storage

5) pick All Devices

6) choose Gamer Profiles

7) pick the gamertag

8) choose Delete, and

9) pick Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.

Re-download

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

3) Enter the Microsoft Account addresse for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

4) Enter the password for the Microsoft Account.

4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

5) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!

7) Sign in, and retry.  

Sorry this didn't help.

i need help with downloading my profile back

Sorry this didn't help.

I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just updates plus other temporary files, nothing that's at all important to anyone) by:

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go right 2 clicks to Settings, pick System Settings.

2) Select Storage (or Memory).

3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

If that doesn't fix it *please* first

1) go to www.xbox.com/accounts & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then STOP: DON'T delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support <" rel="nofollow" target="_new">support.xbox.com/contact-us> for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:

2) Go to Settings

3) pick System

4) choose Storage

5) pick All Devices

6) choose Gamer Profiles

7) pick the gamertag

8) choose Delete, and

9) pick Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.

Re-download

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

3) Enter the Windows Live ID for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

4) Enter the password for the WLID.

4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

5) Select the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!

7) Sign in, and play!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

-

can you check if there is a corrupted profile in the storage->profiles section.

It happened to me once, I couldn't download my gamertag because there was a corrupted version of my profile present there.

Keep in mind, that you want to delete the profile only.

Let us know the results :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

Neither worked :(

Sorry this didn't help.

I did a little looking around and couldn't find much on

it, But here are some solutions you can try:

Clear your System Cache twice, Insert a USB, Recover profile, And select the USB to download the profile to.

Here's how to clear your cache if you don't know how:

Settings>System>Storage Click Y on your harddrive and select Clear System Cache.

(Clearing your cache will delete game patches, But these can be redownloaded by playing your games while signed into LIVE.)

Method 2:

Insert USB drive.

Turn off your Xbox 360.

Remove your Harddrive. (If it is removable.)

Turn your Xbox 360 back on, And select yes if it asks you for a system update.

Recover your profile when done and download it to your USB.

Turn your Xbox 360 off and reinsert your harddrive.

Turn your Xbox 360 back on.

Go to the same directory for the first method, And select your USB stick.

(Not Y, A.)

Move your profile back to your Harddrive.

(If you have a corrupted profile/unknown profile, Be sure to delete it off of

your Harddrive first.)

These methods are similar, But both require USB's.

I'm sorry if neither work for you.

Sorry this didn't help.