Profile Corrupted

Hi there,

I have had this issue since XBOX UK originally went down in Europe last year.

I have issues with my gamertag. I am unable to connect to XBOX live sometimes. I occasionally get a 'corrupt profile' message when checking System Settings > Profiles.

I have been able to resolve this temporarily at times by deleting the gamer profile and clearing the cache. I then re-download the profile and the gamertag works temporarily as a fix.

However the XBOX then plays up again as the gamertag picture (when pressing home) shows no picture. I also turn on the XBOX sometimes to see that my name is there, but I am a hollowed out shadow with 0 gamerpoints.

My XBOX 360 is legit, and I haven't modified or hacked it in anyway whatsoever. I am also a gold subsciber.

Can I get some advice please? I really don't want to lose DLC that I have paid for.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Profiles can be corrupted by moving them between Xbox's/Devices and being interrupted.

If you would like to gain access back to your Account.

Simply:

WARNING:You must know your Windows Live ID E-mail address and password for the account.

Go to your storage where your account is located.

It  will say Corrupted Account. (Delete this as it's not usable)

You can download your Xbox LIVE gamertag to any console. Here’s how:

Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the centre of your controller).

Select Download Profile.

Note Not seeing Download Profile? Press X to sign out of your profile.

Enter the Windows Live ID associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag. If you don’t know your Windows Live ID or password, see Manage your Windows Live ID.

Now, enter your Windows Live ID password.

Note If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID information is required to download the profile.

Select the storage device for your profile (for example, Hard Drive).

Your profile will begin downloading. Once your profile is downloaded, you can choose whether or not you want to require your Windows Live ID password to sign into your profile.

Refers to: support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello chamberszachary, it seems that you might be going through some issue with your console and your profile corrupting randomly. If what your saying is happening repeatedly then I believe it's related to your hard drive.

If this issue happens and it is solved by deleting the gamertag and then recovering it but then occurs again please try to remove the hard drive from your console (instructions here) and use a USB Flash Drive if you do have one to download your profile on there. I'm curious to see if this issue occurs even after you are only using a flash drive and not your hard drive.

Instructions on how to format a USB Flash Drive are located here. Instructions on how to download your profile once the USB Flash Drive has been formatted are located here.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have an extended warranty - I think I will send it to them.

I'm also curious - can I move ALL of my data into the cloud? (Except the game discs of course)

Sorry this didn't help.

You will only be able to upload saved game files to cloud. As your profile and DLC are all fully recoverable from Live anyway there would be no need to store them on an external server.

Also I'll have to echo what Hassassinade has said in regards to your Hard Drive, that could be the real problem there.

Sorry this didn't help.