Profile already registered with windows live ID

Hi,

I've had an Xbox360 for years now and built up a profile with with reasonable gamerscore, however i had never used Xbox Live. I have recently purchased a new console (built in wireless) as mine was not reading discs. I decided to try Live and attempted to connect using my profile. I entered the Live Id i wanted to use and received a message saying that a gamertag/profile was already associated with this live ID. So i decided to try the recover Gamertag option, this worked but i now have a profile with 0G that connects to Live. I can only assume this has something to do with when i registered my old console for repair first time it died. Is it possible to remove this association so i can have my real profile/gamertag linked to my main Live ID? cheers for any help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Followed up with your PM. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This has happened to me and I don't know what to do. Just paid for live on the internet and it's asking me to create a profile when I try to go on an online game but I already have an account with G I don't want loose, how do I get my ole profile live??

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Wig! Since this thread is rather old, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any steps you've taken so far to fix it. That is how these forums work best as it lets us tailor our support to you specifically. We'll be standing by to assist in that new thread. =)

Sorry this didn't help.