Profanity filter being a bit unreasonable, help?

Ok, this is my first post on this forum, forgive me if this, or something similar has been posted before.

I tried changing my motto and bio today for the first time in years, and I found out that the profanity filter is really sensitive. I wanted to put "I'll stop the whole world from turning into a monster" as my motto, and it turns out "Monster" is considered to be profane... really? I can understand most other censored words like "sexy" or something, but "monster" should not be a banned word :(

Is this just temporary as the bugs are worked out of the system? I heard the entire profanity filter went down recently so I suspect things might be over sensitive until things are worked out. Anyone know anything about this?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

You can only have 21 Characters in your Motto. So I believe you mean you were putting it in your Bio. I have just put the quote you stated in my Bio and it is not classed as Profane and allows me to do it. So it was most likely an error.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would advise you to check your parental controls on your Xbox account.  You can access these settings by going to your settings from your Xbox Dashboard.  I might be wrong about this but I would give it a try, you never know if something has been changed without you knowing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.