problems with wireless controllers

Hi all

First time ive posted so apolgies if its in the wrong place.

My controllers have all of a sudden started to disconnect from my Xbox, one minute they are ok the next the green lights are flashing.

We have just had the new virgin media super hub and wondered if this was interferring, however even when it is turned off they are still disconnecting.

Any ideas on wht the problem could be?

thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there Jim! I understand you are having some difficulties with your wireless controllers. Is this affecting all controllers you try? Try syncing them to the console again to see if that helps. Also, try syncing them to another console to see if they have the same issue there.

Also, what kind of batteries do you have in your controllers? If battery packs, how long have you had them in use? Can you try new AA batteries to see if that helps at all? Let me know how it goes, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there

yes its affecting both controllers, have tried syncing them but this hasnt helped and Im using brand new battteries. Ive not got another console to try them with unfortunatley.  At a total loss as to whats going on with them

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, Just wondering, Have you used your wireless controllers on any other Consoles? If so are they nearby (Ie. Friends house etc). If all else fails, there is a accessory which plugs into the wireless controller and more or less turns it into a wired one, While charging the batteries (If rechargeable)  Here is a link to the product I am talking about: www.overstock.com/.../product.html

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="jimjammaster345"]We have just had the new virgin media super hub and wondered if this was interferring, however even when it is turned off they are still disconnecting.[/quote]Off, or unplugged from power? 

Try unplugging it from power completely. The hub may be behaving like the 360 - even when "off", the wireless still emits a signal.

While 2.4Ghz interferrence is not uncommon, I've never found anything that disrupted my 360 controllers. I have had Bluetooth drop on SIXAXIS controllers in my environment, so it's possible.

Sorry this didn't help.

ok this can also happen some  batterys are 1.2 volts and some are 1.5 cheep batterys most are 1.2 v and good batterys are best to use cause they are 1.5 when battery put out 1.2 volts and when you put a cheep batterys in the controler and when you play and when it vivbrate it will disconnect on you

Sorry this didn't help.

My controllers are doing the same thing.  They are both wireless controllers.  I tried one with new batteries and the other with a battery pack.  When it's plugged in with the battery pack it works and even says that it has a full charge.  When I disconnect the cord, it won't reconnect to the XBOX.  I don't have anything new (wireless or bluetooth or anything) that would be interfering with the signal - to my knowledge.

Sorry this didn't help.

make sure the xbox is connected to a tv sorce

Sorry this didn't help.