Problems With The Xbox 360 S Cooling Fan? Story Inside.

Hi. I noticed that my Xbox 360 S's cooling fan has been louder lately and has been making noises like it's not spinning correctly (like it's bumping something). I always have my games installed so it's really not all that bad. But yesterday I put in a game that wasn't installed, and the spinning of the disc started to slightly shake the Xbox more and then the fan (I believe it's the fan, but I'm not for sure) started making a noise like it was slightly hitting something. Now that I have my Xbox turned off, whenever I pick it up and set it back down, it really sounds like the fan or something makes some shaking noise right when I set it on the table. While I am not for sure this noise is the fan, I believe it is because that is the only thing I could imagine doing this. Lastly, the reason I ask if the Xbox 360 S has known problems with the fan is because my friend said his fan is also starting to make different, louder noises.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 32 Applies to:

Hello Speedman100 if you believe that your console is doing unusual things please contact XBOX Support and schedule your console to be repaired, you can alternatively setup a repair on the website as well by going to http://myservice.xbox.com. If your console is under warranty there is no charge for the repair, if it is not then there is a $99 repair charge for it. Hope this helps you out.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.