Problems with the dash update.

I've been having problems with my xbox for the pass couple of days and i think its because of the new dashboard patch since thats when it started. When i boot up my machine for the first time in a day the xbox 360 white screen shows up and takes at least 1 min to get to the dashboard. After this is done i realize that where it should say the name of the game i have in the disc drive it says unrecognized disc, but before anyone links me to the disc reading section i will tell you i know for a fact this isnt a Disc Drive problem. Also when this happens (booting up system for first time) none of my apps work, they boot up but get frozen at the loading screen and this is so far for every app i constantly use (ESPN, NetFlix, Windows Media Center). The only remedy i have so far for this is having to reboot my machine at least 3 to 4 times till it starts working normally again. I've taken awhile to post this because i had hope (or arrogance lol) that it would start working normally again, but i guess i was wrong. If anyone can help to get this issue fixed it would be awesome as i love the new dashboard and i dont want to stop playing my xbox for the inconvenience it constantly causes me on a day to day basis.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Can you try removing your hard drive if you have one and see if you get the same problem?

Bananas !!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.