Problems with "my account" "update payment method" and system saying I have to renew gold membership when I still have months left on it! (and this isn't the first time either!)

I turn on xbox 360 console. I wait for it to turn on and auto connect to xbox live. Then, it signs me in system as user, but dosen't connect to xbox live..but all xbox live tabs and content are displayed?!? So, I click on "netflix" and it comes up with "must update payment method to continue". So I go online here to xbox.com, and sign in and click on "my account" tab and get a message that says: "oops, that wasn't supposed to hapen, looks like you've found a glitch in our system" !!!!! This is day 2 of this going on..been waiting for it to "clear up"...this has hapened before, where it says that I need to upgrade/renew to gold membership but problem is that my membership isn't expired! what do i do? I just want to be able to watch netflix with my kids!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 127 Applies to:

When did you bought your membership and what type of membership you bought?

Also Netflix needs credit card approval to work, It´s a new security system

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i was gonna check my account to see exact dates of when i purchased gold membership, but I know i bought a 2 year membership, and when this hapened before, i think i remember it saying that it was good thru the end of this year..but I cant check for sure because my account info wont pull up here on xbox.com or on  console..I have a credit card on file with xbox live and with netflix..(my netflix account is monthy auto pay). I don't know what's going on, but I know my membershi is still good on xbox live and it sucks that I cant access anything..my autistic son watches a lot of netflix everyday, and he's been without it for 2 days. wish they'd figure out this issue with my account!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having a simular problem. I'm trying to reactivate my account. It won't let me edit my payment options. I tried to do it on the website as well. I keep getting an error there as well. This is beginning to frustrate me. A little more than I care for it to. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey folks! If you are getting that "Oops" error regarding billing, you will need to give us a call using our Contact Us link. 

Thank you! 

Sorry this didn't help.