Problems with payment methods (Paypal)

Hello! I'm having issues to purchase items from xbox marketplace since the end of June. Didn't matter if I used my Visa CC or my Paypal Account, both of them got stuck after the first purchase.

This kinda got sorted out after contacting xbox support several times.

Now my problem is: I removed my paypal account from my payment options and I can't add it again.

I can add/remove it whenever I want on my secondary account and it still runs fine (without getting blocked or anything like this).

I've also tried adding a prepaid card to my secondary account, which went fine, but when entering the same card on my first account I get an error.

What type of payment method are you trying to add? Paypal
What error code or message are you receiving? "The reward method you chose is not authorized. Please use another reward method to request your cashback reward. If you get this message multiple times,contact customer support. Message 8017."
What region is your account set to? United States
What region do you physically connect from? Brazil
What region is your payment method's billing address in? Brazil

I'm sure it's not related to my physical region, as I've been using the same info and stuff on both accounts since 2010 and the problem only occurs on this one.

I've been trying for months to get this sorted out but I couldn't.

PS: I migrated from Brazil region to U.S. region in the end of 2012 and I think that's is why I'm getting this strange issues, as I have already found on internet people with the same problem as mine. (My secondary account is native from U.S region and doesn't suffer from this).

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

Hey there reckless,

Really sorry to hear you've been having issues with your payment options.

From what you've described it sounds like you might be getting a lock placed on your billing because it is happening on a US account using a Brazilian IP and billing information. We always recommend having your account location and physical location match so that you don't run into billing and marketplace issues such as this one.

You would really want to follow-up with Phone Support on this one. I don't mean to just send you back but they would be best equipped to help work with you to get things sorted out with your account. You may want to mention the multiple accounts and your region mismatches to better understand why the issue may be occurring in the first place.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Isn't there really any way I could solve this by text?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Reckless,

Phone Support are best equipped to get this resolved for you, but you could also try and Contact Us via our chat team, as they may be able to help you as well.  

Sorry this didn't help.