Problems with party chat

Hey, I'm new to the forums but couldn't find anything about problems with party chat. My brother and I tried working through the support section to get it to work but it still wouldn't let us talk to each other. I understand that the console just came out but I cant find anything about a patch release for this problem or estimate as to when it will be fixed or if this has been a problem across the board. I would appreciate someone filling me in if you have any information or have been having the same problem. Both our NAT types are open and we've gone through the support pages to no avail. Love the console, just want to know when this might be fixed or if this is a special case. Thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Try closing out all your apps then doing party chat. I have had this problem twice and it fixed it both times. Just go to all the apps running on the main dashboard and hit the start(or whatever that button is called now)button and choice quit on all that are still running.

Can't create party nor can I send part invites

why is it that I still can not switch to party chat I join a party (when the xbox lets me after 20min off trying to join the party) and when I do get in it will not let me switch to party chat starting to feel like iv been ripped off with the xbox one seaming the 360 is better in every way

My account won't let me private chat. Says my behavior? But I didn't do anything wrong I pay so much money for Xbox and because of some kid reporting me for who knows what I'm banned from talking? I don't get it

I'm having the same issue the past few days, me and my friends can join a Party chat but NONE of us get the little "donuts" that show you are in party chat. When I click on my name the "Switch to party chat" the tab is there but clicking on it does nothing. After a few reboots it will finally work. Seems to be a recent issue and NONE of us have issues if all jump on our 360's. All of us are running the XB1 on the DMZ on our routers and show Open NAT. The only thing different is we have also started playing GTA Online about the same time and its possible that GTA Online is *** up the party chat system.

what you need to do is go to the party chat with players, click on your name, hit go to game chat, then back to party chat then it should work

Party Chat is ***. Needs fixing ASAP

Party chat ruined XBL to an extent in my opinion.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Just last night I would invite a friend to party chat only to find that for some reason I was in game chat and when I went to select party chat, nothing happened. Furthermore, when this occurred, the chat icon (the hollow circle or "doughnut") wasn't visible next to my friend. When he tried inviting me to another party that he started, the same thing happened. This has happened before and completely shuts down the social aspect of XBL.

^^ How does it completely shut down the social aspect? You don't need to be in a party to talk.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!