Problems with my USB drive

I have a Micro Center 16gb USB drive that I'm using on my 4gb Xbox 360 Slim. The USB drive met the minimum requirements and formatted without a hitch. I transferred all of my files onto it and did not have any errors at all. I was using it today without any problems as well. When I came back from class and turned on my Xbox, it said "No profiles found." When I go to check the memory, the only option it gives me is to configure my USB drive. It won't let me see any of the files. I have tried it in several USB ports on both my Xbox and my roommate's Xbox. The same problem occurs every time. It seems like it has unformatted itself. I could easily recover my profile, but it's all of my game saves that I'm worried about. Is there any way to fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

If the drive has been unformatted there is no way to recover the data from the USB stick I'm afraid.

This seems to happen with some brands, PNY is another, when put in the 360 before it is turned on. It's worth a try to turn on your 360 and then put in your USB stick to see if the data is viewable, it's unlikely to help but worth a try.. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.