Problems with my microsoft account! plz help!

Ok, well my yahoo email account that i use for my microsoft account has been deactivated by yahoo. so therefore i cannot check my email or receive anything there. however i can still sign in on xbox live and do my regular daily gaming and still sign in microsoft. bad thing my XBL account is connected with my old yahoo account thats been deactivated. is there anyway i can change the email??? or would i have to make a whole new account and start fresh? i would really like to keep my current progress and it will suck to start over. does anybody know what i can do? thank you for now.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

What I did when I lost access to my email was go to account.live.com/summarypage.aspx and login with my information and then add an alias to my account. Set your new alias as your primary alias and that will work tue same as changing your email address. I do believe it takes 30 days for the switch over but during that time you will be able to use your new email to login

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What I mean by setting an alias is simply adding another email address to your account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried setting up a new account at Yahoo using the same e-mail?  I've seen people have success with that before.

Sorry this didn't help.