Problems With Multiple Xbox One's and Open NAT

Is there an issue with the xbox one that will prevent me from having two xbox ones online and open NAT on both? Only one of the will show open NAT. I have a brand new Linksys WRT1900AC router and I have followed all the old methods and looked in the new methods as well. Upnp is on. I tried it off. I have tried all combinations possible. Put one xbox in a DMZ. Tried port forwarding for one xbox. Dhcp reservervations. Static ip’s. Port triggering. No matter what I do only one will show open. If one shows moderate and I turn the other xbox off it will still show moderate unless I hold the power button down to completrly shut the xbox off. Then turn it on and that xbox will show open again. But the other one will still say moderate once it comes up.

Any ideas? In a Linksys thread a member said L2 xbox live help said the xbox one uses windows ME tcp/ip stack and it’s a xbox issue not a router issue.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) ** (added 3075 due to ghosts).

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

UDP Port 3544 (UDP)

UDP Port 4500 (UDP)

If this is the wrong forum can someone direct me to the correct place to take this issue? thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 99 Applies to:

It really all depends on the router.

Not all routers can have multiple Xbox's connected and have an Open NAT on both.

My d-link was able to have 2 on at once both with open NATs

This should be moved to the Connecting forums under support.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4267.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you in the US or UK, in the UK i have a standard plusnet router done nothing to it, and don't have any major problems, occasionally have to reset or turn pnp off and on, to fix any nat issues but very rarely.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah I had this issue with my Linksys. Have 2 x1's and 2 360's on the network. I gave up trying to figure it out. Bought a netgear r7000 nighthawk and havent had a problem all open Nat.

Sorry this didn't help.

newegg is having a sale on a new netgear nighthawk for under $200, I was going to pick it up but my 5 year old Dlink DGL 4500 gaming lounge is still doing the trick.  What you might have to do OP is set one of your xboxs in an "DMZ" zone outside of the router.  One will be open and the other will be outside the router completely but may also leave that xbox open up for DDOS attacks...but doubtful.

Sorry this didn't help.

its not outside the router - its in the demilitarized zone - you can DDOS any router if you have the correct tools. Being in the DMZ or not bares no relevance

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah I had the Netgear r7000 but it was a piece of junk for me. I took it back. So it appears the user saying microsoft claming its an xbox one problem with the tcp/ip stack was misinformed. It must be a bad implementation of upnp.

Sorry this didn't help.

It comes down to each ip only having 1 nat port . You cannot run multiple machines behind the same ip and have open nat on multiple machines . you will need to run a multi port switch with multiple ip address from your isp to have open nat on every machine . You can have a open nat and restricted nats  and blocked nats all running at the same time .behind one ip address . it comes down to direct play inside direct x basically xbox live can only have direct play open once per each Ip  address .

Sorry this didn't help.