Problems with HD connection

So I've just got a new HDTV for my Birthday. I couldn't wait to finally play games in HD. An HDMI cable came with it, so I hastily plugged it into the back of the TV then went to look for a connection with my Xbox.( It's the Matte White Pro 20GB version from like 2006). I soon realised it didn't have one. Is there any way I can hook up my Xbox?

The connections on the back of the TV are: 2 x HDMI inputs, one Scart (RGB).

I still have the cable Xbox issued with the console (The dual RGB or RCA leads and the HD/TV switch by the Xbox input.) but there are no female individual RGB inputs on the TV. Link might help show you what cable I'm on about- see"Component HD AV Cable"

Can someone shed some light on any products that are out there for this type of problem?

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

[quote user="CowBellKing"]Is there any way I can hook up my Xbox?

The connections on the back of the TV are: 2 x HDMI inputs, one Scart (RGB).[/quote]Buy a new 360. So far I see no evidence that the Advanced SCART cable will provide HD resolutions beyond 480p.[quote]I still have the cable Xbox issued with the console (The dual RGB or RCA leads and the HD/TV switch by the Xbox input.) but there are no female individual RGB inputs on the TV.[/quote]XBOXes sold in regions wtih SCART support came with a Composite to SCART converter block. It won't help as it's still feeding Composite video into the SCART port.[quote]Can someone shed some light on any products that are out there for this type of problem?[/quote]A new 360. It will cost you around $100 USD to buy a Component video cable and a Component to HDMI adapter. That's money better put towards buying a 360 that has native HDMI support, not to mention a 2006-era 360 is living on borrowed time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That's the only option I could see anyway. Thanks for clearing it up :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.