Problems with Disconnects from XBOX Live

Start of problem: 1/22/13 , i have never experienced this before

Exact Issue: When playing Call of Duty : Black Ops 2, i can connect to the multiplayer service, i can connect to a public match, and begin playing. I can typically make it through a round, and then get booted from the server. It shows "Host Disconnected", and then the game becomes responsive, finally kicking me out to the load screen where it says that i need to be logged into XBOX Live to be logged in. At this point, XBOX messaging pops up to tell me that i have lost my connection with XBOX Live. I try to re-Connect to XBOX Live and am unable to. I then take the recommendation to test my connection. I run a test and am able to connect. I log back in, and can re-start the whole process, only to be disconnected in the same manner again. While this is happening, i have an internet connection the entire time (verified by doing a continuous ping on my laptop).

What Country/State/Province do you live in?  Florida, USA
Modem brand & model number: 
Router brand & model number:  2Wire 3800HGV-B, Linksys WRT400N
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? N/A
Things you have tried:  Rebooting XBOX, Linksys, 2Wire; troubleshooting internet connection with AT&T-UVerse
Is UPnP Enabled?  NO
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? No Nat Error, i have manually port forwarded 53TCP/UDP, 80TCP, 88UDP, and 3074TCP/UDP
Any Error Codes you encounter: None save for in game and being disconnected from XBOX Live
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?  AT&T UVerse
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W: 0000-000B
X: 0000-F001
Y: 20A8-4860
Z: 8007-2EFE
ID: FFFF-FFFF
L: 8007-042A
Q: 8015-100C
T: Wired
A: 192.168.5.60/255.255.255.0
G: 192.168.5.1
D: 68.94.156.1/68.94.157.1

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 58 Applies to:

im having the exact same problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Skid. Sorry to hear you're having connection troubles. AT&T uverse has been having issues lately. They are getting caught up but they are still posting issues. Looks like everything you're doing is just fine, just waiting on uverse at this point.

Sorry this didn't help.

I definitely am aware that AT&T uverse has been having issues, but i have come to believe that AT&T is having an issue, specifically, with XBOX Live. Are there any known/posted issues SPECIFICALLY between AT&T uverse and XBOX live?

Last night after trying and failing again to play COD Black Ops 2 for any length of time, i gave up, and decided i would watch a movie on Netflix. After spending time in my instant que, i selected a movie and began to watch. About 10 min into the movie, it stopped, and then i was notified that my XBOX Live connection had been lost as well. The same issue i have been having while playing a game, happened when streaming a movie.

I then booted up my Apple TV, and watched the movie in its entirety, via the Netflix app on that platform. It never stopped, slowed down, or timed out via that platform. It still used my AT&T uverse connection.

I would like some more information from XBOX about what it is doing to rectify the problems it is having with Uverse and keeping its members connected while using their service. Thank you very much,

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Skid, 

Here is a link to the AT&T dispatch information. Wonder if they are having issues in your area.

Sorry this didn't help.

AT&T has documented issues in the last week and a half. I have a ticket open with them, but it is not a dispatch issue. As i stated in my previous post, I could use a common service (Netflix) successfully on a different platform (Apple TV) but not successfully via my XBOX and XBOX Live. That is why i am beginning to reach out to the service provider that i have an issue with (being XBOX and AT&T).

Sorry this didn't help.

What is the mtu on your router?  There is more going on in the background network related when you use xbox live.  You may have less overhead using the apple tv.

Sorry this didn't help.

It is currently set at 1500 MTU. I DID have the issue last week with the MTU being set to 576, which kept me from connecting to XBOX Live completely. That issue has been resolved, now just keeping my connection (to XBOX Live, not my internet connection) while using the service seems to be an issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm, interesting.  So you are still experiencing these issues?  AT&T Has been rolling out fixes to these issues.  When was the last time you left the router/modem off for at least five minutes?  That might be all we need at this point to get it behaving.  If not, please do let us know and we'll keep looking into this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Miss Ermine, Thank you for the response!

After seeing your post last night, i turned the router off, and left it off over night. I turned it on this morning, logged in, and had the same problems as stated above.

I am honestly just looking for information, as i know that a timeline of repair is unlikely. Ultimately, does XBOX Live have an open line of communication (i.e. ticket or something of the like) to address this/these issues. As long as both entities recognize and communicate that they are having a problem, and are working to fix this issue, I then can stop stressing that this is an all the time problem, and just tune in to get updates. Thank you,

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Skid!  At this point we're seeing those AT&T issues to be resolved, so it seems it's going to be something other than that. Let's try this guide and see if it helps get a bit of a better connection: Xbox LIVE Disconnects | Xbox LIVE Slow | Speed up Xbox LIVE  

Sorry this didn't help.