Problems with connecting to E.A. multiplayer games in Xbox Live

I recently bought a six month gold xbox subscription for my son (as a christmas gift) in order to play multiplayer games over the internet.

Unfortunately I wasn't aware that there is an age limit for multiplayer games and I activated the subscription on his gamer tag (SweptwingCupid2) instead of mine (OffbeatAnt15144). The message we get is "Player is too young", when we try to configure his Electronic Arts games.

Please note that we already changed his date of birth on his profile but that did not help and we still get the same error message "Player is too young".

Is there any way to transfer the xbox subscription to my gamer tag, so he can play multiplayer games from my account.

Many thanks in advance,

Stavros S., Athens Greece

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Changing his age won't work as the account has already registered his age, as far as your issue this is something you'll have to take up with EA as it is them that introduced the age limit not Xbox. You can try using this help.ea.com and seeing if your problem comes up or contact them https://help.ea.com/contact-us. Hope this helps you somewhat and that your issue is adressed and resolved quickly.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The solution to this problem is not obvious, but thankfully it will be easy, all you need is a few minutes and a PC:

1. Setup an EA/Origin account if you don't already have one

2. Download the Origin Client (do this even if you don't PC Game!)

3. Logon to the origin client with the account you setup.

4. Click on the Friends button on the upper right hand side of the client window

5. Click on Add Friend or the small button at the bottom right of the pane that has the person icon with a + sign next to it

6. On the left side of the screen under Import Friends there is an Xbox Live emblem, click connect

7. Enter your Xbox Live/Windows Live information and Sign In

At this point your Xbox Live Gamertag should be linked to your EA/Origin Account. You can also add any Xbox friends who also use Origin from here. It took me awhile to figure that out, but it should work for you - had the same issue on my Son's Xbox Live Account and NFS:HP, the above steps are the solution I developed to resolve it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Throw it out of the house!

Sorry this didn't help.