Problems with a New 360 250 Gig unit

I bought a new Xbox 360 250 gig with Kinect from *** Smiths today, supposedly brand new., to upgrade from my old 60 gig unit Get it home start setting it up, see there is already a profile on there that has some achievements for some Kinect games. OK so it looks like I got a store display model, lucky me but whatever it should be fine. Do memory transfer for my old data from my old HDD. All goes good.

Next go to buy some DLC for Fallout New Vegas, but it won't let me, asks to put in the Pass Code, huh? *** Smiths must have put on a pass code to block certain stuff being done in store but did not wipe it before they sold it.Currently the pass code is blocking me from making purchase online and playing any game rated higher then a PG rating Tried a few default pass codes nothing works, and I can't get rid of the passcode as I don't know the answer to the secret question.

Is there anyway to override this, I've input my old profile from my previous 360 and it has accepted that, but it still has the same family settings on the system. Is there a way to completely wipe the system and start from scratch of am I'm going to have to go back to the store and either get a replacement unit or the pass code?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Go to the system setting under the system and do LT,RT,X,Y,LB,RB,X,Y,A,Down,Dow­n and it will factory reset the console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Return it. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Return it. NOW.

Unless you want trouble, never accept a used 360 console. Ever. You will always live under the shadow of possible Enforcement at some point in the console's lifetime.

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree with IceStorm. If you paid for a BRAND NEW console then you need to return it and get exactly that.

Sorry this didn't help.