Problems using Play To media streaming feature

My laptop is able to recognize and see that the Xbox One is available but then it says that i have some driver missing and that the Digital Media Renderer is not detected. Anyone have any tips for this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 238 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey Kings,

Sorry to hear about the streaming issues you are having. Try this link involving streaming to Xbox One.

Reach back and let us know how it goes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Dude,I am having that same problem and your solution is absolutely useless.We need a driver to add to our Pc so we can PUSH media from Pc to our Xbox One.We don't need to know how to buy music or video content.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also having the same problem with my Win 7 PC... My Win 8 PC works fine. I have searched and searched but still have not came up with an answer. Hopefully someone has one or better yet Microsoft puts out an update for the XB1 with a video app and support for USB drive soon.... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry this didn't help.

I love how unhelpful the "official support" is!  If he had even read the question he would see that we are not looking to spend even more money to pay for music we already own by getting an Xbox Music Pass.  All this user is trying to do is link his Xbox to his computer.  I'm guessing like me the eventual aim is to share/play media files from the computer on the Xbox one as you could in the 360 (this is what I am also trying to do so any USEFUL help from the "official support" would be much appreciated).

Sorry this didn't help.

I found a way around the DMR not detected/installed. First make sure you have the latest version of WMP then click the "Stream" tab and automatically allow devices to play media (if this option is not available you'll have to click more streaming options and ensure your xb1 is there) once enabled all avi xvid and other windows compatible videos should be allowed to "play to" on the xb1. Note this has to be done from within the WMP software to be started. A new window will open telling you the device is connecting and will display if the media can be played. From this new window you can now drag and drop items from folders into it as long as they are windows compatible. I don't know if this helps but I got the idea from this web link blogs.msdn.com/.../media-streaming-with-windows-7.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

See here is the problem. Microsoft took a perfectly working system of streaming media from your PC on the 360 and completely screwed it up on Xbox One.

Why can't my Xbox One connect to my network and PULL media from my PC? Why do I need to go into the other room and sit down at my PC and SEND media to my Xbox One through smart glass?

On 360 I navigated to video player and found my PC in the list and opened up my video folder and watched videos. When I wanted to listen to music while I played Forza 4 I opened up my music player, found my PC in the list, and opened up whatever MP3s I wanted to play then started up Forza 4 with my music playing in the background and with a push of the Xbox button I had all of my music controls right there without ever needing to leave the game.

On Xbox One you have to go into the other room. Click on your music and SEND it to your Xbox One and that's it. You have no control. You can't play it in the background while you game, you can select different music, all you can do from the Xbox One is pause, stop and fast forward and it takes over control of your Xbox One. as soon as you exit the music program you lose your music.

Now someone explain to me how something so simple is overlooked on the Xbox One. Did anyone who worked on the Xbox One actually own a 360? Did anyone who worked on the Xbox One actually spend time on the 360?

It blows my mind how bad Microsoft dropped the ball. The 360 was king it had everything and all they had to do is simply pack it full of horsepower and not change a thing, but no let's toss in cable tv even though everyone had a cable box anyway and let's force slam this kinect crap down their throats because we are all in baby!

Meanwhile, I can't stream my movies like I used to on my 360, I've been through 3 controllers because of defective analog sticks, and the stupid kinect only works when I scream at my tv like a freakin moron.

It just doesn't feel like the same people that brought us the masterpiece that is the Xbox 360 had anything to do with the Xbox One. Really Sad.

Sorry this didn't help.

I found the answer

Sorry this didn't help.

You have to open windows media play > click stream > and make sure media programs on this pc and remote connections is allowed

Sorry this didn't help.

... same problem here; it is all about a missing driver but nobody of the officials can help here?

Sorry this didn't help.

seems as if you just should proceed with the standard MS procedure! just reboot ...

Sorry this didn't help.