Problems updating console Error Code 3F4A 0000 3080 0502 8007 2F78

Help - this is a repeat of the issue I had earlier this fall.  I tried to update the console, the first time I thought it had downloaded the update, but then failed to load it after the restart.  Since then I repeatedly get the error message above.

I have an old XBOX 360, with a 60GB hard drive attached through the USB port.  It is hard wired through an ethernet cable to the router.

I have restarted the console, tested the network settings (which are fine), checked I have loads of storage space (I do), cleared the system cache (several times), reinserted the storage systems, tried downloading the files onto a CD.

None of these seem to work. I've not gone to either solutions 6 or 7 and I can't find the exact code in 8.

When this happened previously, I posted onto this forum and didn't get a reponse.  In the end it just seemed to download ok one Saturday morning, but it means I spend weeks without the Kinect.

Help please!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Just for information, I noted that one of the other responses asked for a PING tests and a speed test.  I've done this from my computer not from the XBox - but I hope they are the same.

Speed Test

PING 42ms

Download 0.71MBPS

Upload 0.29MBPS

PING TEST 36ms

Jitter 2ms

Thnkas

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That seems to be a very low speedtest. Xbox LIVE recommends at least 3 mbps for comfortable usage. If you're unable to update via CD/DVD, is it possible for you to use a USB Flash Drive to update?

You can grab the USB Flash Drive update files here

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.