Problems Staying Connected

Recently I have been experiencing problems staying connected to Xbox Live.  I have wireless Internet and connect via the Xbox wireless adapter. During matches online in games such as Black Ops, my Xbox drops connection to my Internet, forcing me offline.  This problem is completely random and, I can go weeks without it occurring, just to see the problem reappear and occur multiple times over the span of hours.  .  My wireless internet connection is perfectly fine and can normally connect and sign on to Xbox Live with no problem.  After I am booted offline, I normally sign back on right away and I connect easily.  It is just frustrating to get disconnected when I have a good Internet connection.  I don't believe it is a problem with Live, but a problem with stay connected to the Internet.  I normally receive an error message saying "You must be connected to the internet to play on Xbox Live".  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Check to make sure that no one is downloading anything around these times wirelessly.  If that is happening it is possible that there is not enough bandwidth and can get kicked off.  Also make sure that the router is not too far away.  Having a internet strenght of 1 or 2 bars will not be enough to do games or anything online.   Also try a wired connection for a while to test that theory as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.