Problems since update this morning.

Ive been having several problems since updating my 360 this morning. I thought I would list the issues here in the hopes of receiving some help / an explanation as to why they have occurred.

Firstly, my 2 month old xbox 360 slim (250gb) has been working fine up until this mornings update fiasco. I could even play a few rounds of Battlefield 3 multiplayer before the update this morning. It has been connected to my 2 month old router via ethernet since i got it.

I have tried installing the update several times - each time with different errors. I have used the X,X,LB,RB solution to earase the update each time.

List of errors:

• Each time I log into live, I am taken to the Avatar creation screen. If I go through the process of creating an avatar (the only way to get out of the screen) and choose to save and exit I am told: "Can't save your avatar. Make sure your storage device is plugged in". i hit "A" to save anyway, which takes my to the home screen - but it says I'm offline, says I have no avatar, with no friends, gamerscore or achievements.

• So I tried to reset the update another time - when i went to the 'storage" menu, the list of devices (the standard hard drive and the cloud storage) disappears and the screen acts as if im constantly pressing "A' and 'B' - providing a constant cycle of moving between screens - Im not actually pressing anything.

• After restarting the console, I managed to get to the content list of the HDD and saw that it listed my player profile as currupt. So I deleted the profile (keeping all other files like save games etc) and re-downloaded from xbox live. Now I can sign into live and see my gamerscore et al, but all of my save games have 'unknown profile" associated with them meaning I have to start all of my games from the beginning again - I was dozens of hours into Skyrim and Battlefield 3. Now, back to the beginning. 

I'm not impressed and would like some form of response and compensation for the huge inconvenience this has caused me.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there Maccatall! I'm sorry to hear about the problems you were encountering. Given the trouble you are seeing with your Avatar and gamesaves, I might suggest trying to download your profile again. We have steps here (forums.xbox.com/.../153143.aspx). Please let me know if this helps, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.