PROBLEMS HELP !!!!

my console wont open the disk tray sometimes

and when i close it with a disk in it keeps opening back up with the xbox sign conastantly flashing

although if i close it with no disk it doesnt open back up but still the constant flashing

any one experienced this ?

or has help 

much appreciated

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Is your console the slim or the fat console??

fat

try taking off yor faceplate and cleaning around the tray

tryed that any other ideas ? maybe a link to how to fix it or youtube vid cheers

On the "old fat" Xbox 360's there was a Manual Eject Button (it varies Location, Console to Console) but it is a small opening about the size of a paperclip. Here is how, "Manually eject console disc tray".

I have a similar issue with my Elite. If there is not a disc in the drive it wont open, so I have to leave something in the tray or use the manual eject as described above.

-

Then when putting a new disc in, it will often take several times for it to remain closed.

-

Cleaning the outside of the drive has accomplished nothing, so it seem to be an internal problem. Sadly since I am out of warranty, I will either have to pay £62 for a Microsoft certified tech to open the drive and give it a clean or risk a ban by doing it myself.

how do you find out if you still under warranty i got rrod and claimed it would the replacement console be under warranty ?

The replacement console is covered under the original warranty or 90 days which ever is longest

Same thing happens to me lol, mine is an old Elite i don't think there is much life left in her. stupid thing keeps freezing all the time as well.