Problems for home Wifi when Xbox One Is wired into network

I'm having a problem with my wifi in my house when my Xbox One is connected to my Modem/router via cable.  When anyone is on their tablet/phones their wifi quits working.  You shut off the Xbox One or unplug the ethernet cable and everyone's wifi works with no problems.  If you have the Xbox One connect via wifi there are NO problems.  The only problem with that is the download speed is about 1/5th the speed.  I'm just curious if anyone has had this problem.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 621 Applies to:

That strange. R u useing stock router moldem from ur ISP? My sister famliy had connection issue with there stock router from there ISP. Get a store brand one. And see solved it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, it's a Motorola Surfboard SBG6580.  It has the modem and router all in one. I bought it a few years ago. I never had this problem when my Xbox 360 was wired into it.  It was kind of the reason I ran ethernet through my house.  While the Xbox One is connected to ethernet you can use the wired computer in the house, but no wifi connected devices.  Unplug the Xbox One Ethernet and they all run no problem.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings Fitterguy!

Whenever you have your Xbox One wired to the SBG6580, are your tablet or smart phone able to see the wireless network name (SSID) of your router?

If its possible, try connect your console with a different Ethernet cable to a different LAN port on the SBG6580. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks taidara.  "Most" of the time everything stays connected with no problems.  Periodically my iPhone or the iPad will just disconnect from  the network but come back on later without me having to do anything.   These are usually pretty short periods though.  Just when you use something on wifi, like an iPad or laptop it just keep trying to transfer data but it's like the Xbox has sucked all of data of the internet for "it's" use and that's it.  This can happen at anytime though.  Even when just watching TV through the XB1.  I've been just using the XB1 on wifi lately, but when playing COD ghoasts I will go wired because you can't beat the better connection speeds.  There has to be a better solution than plugging and unplugging ethernet cables all of the time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Could I have you run a speedtest and pingtest, using a wireless connection from your laptop, while having your Xbox One turned on. 

Post back with those results.

Thank you! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, here's the results I got.  I ran both tests, wired xb1 and wireless.  

Speedtest XB1 Wired     Ping        Download     Upload    MTU      Loss

64 Ms     25.74 Mbs      5.95       1480         0%

Laptop                     16          15.82              6.69

iPhone                     50          0.05                 0.01      

Desktop                    11          28.83             5.80

Pingtest Wired XB1              Packet Loss                  Ping                  Jitter

Desktop                           0%                            15 Ms                   2 Ms          A

Laptop                              0%                            64 Ms                   23 Ms       B

Speedtest XB1 Wireless   Ping             Download            Upload            MTU            Loss

70 Ms              13.59 Mbs        5.85                 1480           0%

Laptop                       15 Ms              23.81                 5.77

iPhone                       20                     13.09                 2.05

Desktop                      13                     28.84                 5.91

Pingtest XB1 Wireless     Packet Loss               Ping                     Jitter

Desktop                       0%                         15Ms                     2Ms                 A

Laptop                          0%                          58Ms                    12  Ms            B

I hope this helps some.  I've switched ethernet cables and ports on my router part of my modem/router.   It didn't make any difference.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm also having this issue. When the Xbox is on, my phone drops and regains its Wi-Fi connection constantly. Currently I'm using a wired connection to the Xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

Мой xbox one не находит wifi ни мой ни соседский.Что делать в таком случае?

Sorry this didn't help.

Having issues with the XBOX One Downloading Constantly (5MB or Better) even with it powered off. is there any reason it would be Downloading Constantly?

Sorry this didn't help.

@KAINSCA1970 - If you haven't already, please go ahead and start a new thread with a detailed description of your situation.

Thanks in advance,

Sorry this didn't help.