Problems connecting Turtle Beach Z6a to xbox 360

Hey guys,

I am having some trouble connecting my Turtle Beach Z6a to my xbox 360. To get my headset to play 5.1 sound on my laptop, I have bought a 'Creative blaster X-fi Surround 5.1 Pro" (external) soundcard.

I have been searching the web for an answer, but I was not able to find anything usefull regarding this matter.

So how do I get my 5.1 Turtle Beach Z6a to work with my Xbox 360? The soundcard requires power via USB, same goes for the headset itsself. If I plug these USB connectors in the back of my Xbox 360, the xbox just freezes within 2 seconds when starting up. If I use the USB ports on my tv to power both, and connect my soundcard with an optical sound cable, nothing happens.

So maybe I'm overlooking some configuration, or maybe my setup is wrong.. Could anyone help me with this please? Thanks in advance!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hi Icarez,

Sorry to hear about the headset troubles.

I did a little digging, and it appears that headset is not compatible with Xbox 360. Here's where I found that info.  

Hope that provides some clarity, and let us know if you have anymore questions.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Mister Ohnaka!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.