Problems Connecting To XBL

Hai xbox forum ppl :P I can't connect to XBL :/ when I try to connect to my wifi and test the connection it says 'Can't connect to network'. Sometimes when I try to connect it will work for a couple of minutes then it will disconnect from XBL. Any help from anyone would be great ^^.... I don't know what any of this means but this is the error status report it gives:

W: 0000-0000

X:8000-0011

Y:0000-0000

Z:0000-0000

ID: 0000-0009

L:0015-10F1

Q: 8007-0435

T: Wireless

A: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

G: 0.0.0.0

D: 0.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0

N: HOME-4632

S: WPA2

C: 0

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

I am having this exact same problem: forums.xbox.com/.../141506.aspx except I'm using a comcast router instead of a belkin router.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there, so you can't even connect to the home network?  I'm guessing that you're on wifi too, right?  How far is the console from the router?  Any walls, mirrors, other electronics in the way?  Have you tried basics like moving them closer together, restarting router/modem, all that jazz?

Sorry this didn't help.

If I'm lucky i can connect for a couple of minutes... That's it :/ Yes I'm on wifi. The console is 4 feet away from the router. The only electronic in the way is the tv. Yep I tried moving them closer, and restarting the router and nothing happened :(

Sorry this didn't help.

With the intermittancy of the connection, I wonder, do you have a MadKatz or TurtleBeach wireless stereo headset? Those can cause connection interference, so I'd suggest unplugging the headset's transmitter that's plugged into the Xbox and retrying. Also, please check to see if there's a wireless baby monitor or cordless (not cellular, landline cordless) phone base station within 3'/one metre of the Xbox?

If that does not solve the problem or is not relevant, how many bars of signal do you see on the Xbox when you go to the Available Networks screen?  Please advise.

Then, try this procedure:

A sequential power cycle is the first step in clearing connection problems, and the order and timing of the steps is important to success:

1) turn off the Xbox & unplug the power supply cord from the back of the Xbox then

2) unplug power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway' or only use a modem with no router. If either, skip steps 3 & 6).

3) unplug power from the modem.

4) Wait at least 5 minutes then replug the modem/gateway power.

5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem/gateway which says BROADBAND, ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router or a modem with no router, then when that light says it's ready, skip to step 7.

6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.

7) Plug in and turn on the Xbox then rerun the Test Xbox Connection Test.  

If the problem persists, please send us the rest of the info we need from forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx so we may work on this further.

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't have a wireless headset. There isn't a baby monitor, but there is a cordless phone base about a foot away from the router. Could that be the problem? There is 4 bars of signal. I tried that procedure and it didn't help.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? U.S. California

Router brand & model number: xfinity. I can't find a model number on it.

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Internal adapter.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown: No idea what that is... So unknown.

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? Again no idea what that is :/

Any Error Codes you encounter: None

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? No idea.

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.) This is in the first post.

Sorry I can't tell you some of those things :/ I'm not too smart when it comes to stuff like this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Xfinity? Oh, take a look on the bottom (if it lays down flat) or on the right side (if it stands up right). If you find it is an Arris, the best thing you can do is to replace it, as per mydeviceinfo.comcast.net and http://tinyurl.com/bad4xbox with a Motorola SMG6580 (or, if you use Comcast-Xfinity for phone service, the SMCD3GNV). The Comcast Service Centers stock these and will replace it on the spot for free, especially once you tell them you have an Xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah it is an Arris. Eh I guess that's my problem. Chances are I can't get it replaced... My dad hates doing that stuff :/ I guess no xbox on the weekends. Anyway thank you for the help :)

Sorry this didn't help.